Bid to host the World Organic Congress 2024
Through hosting the World Organic Congress in our region we can create a catalyst for increased international consolidation and organic collaboration. Our bid to host the Organic World Congress in Brisbane, Australia, is a bid for regional Oceania.
WORKING TOGETHER TO SHAPE THE FUTURE OF ORGANICS
We hope that this Oceania World Congress can fill a void in IFOAM regional influence—representing a major new step toward the development of a formal regional body to help fulfil the IFOAM mandate to create a truly global network for organic agriculture.
Organic agriculture as a pathway to addressing many issues. This bid is about providing the support and coordination that will help lift our region from a traditional provider of raw commodities to a major supplier of high-quality value-added produce to the growing markets of our near neighbours in South East Asia, China, Japan and Korea—as well as the rest of the world.
- Made up of 24 independent countries and territories
- A vast region straddling the East, West, Northern and Southern hemispheres
- Covers 20% of the world’s surface area
- Home to twice the certified organic farmland of Europe, and five times that of Asia
- Over 21,000 organic producers managing a total of 36 million hectares of certified farmland
BRISBANE - AN IDYLLIC SUBTROPICAL DESTINATION
- Iconic Australian experiences at your fingertips with islands, rainforests, and day trips within easy reach, including the internationally famous Australia Zoo
- Direct and affordable flights from Samoa, Fiji, Soloman Islands, Vanuatu, New Caledonia, New Guinea, New Zealand and most of the Pacific region
AUSTRALIA AND THE OCEANIA REGION
- Includes every type of agriculture providing diverse opportunity for strong scientific content and organic tours
- Australia is the home of permaculture, a centre for regional certification services and a significant market for the region
- The Pacific Islands and Papua New Guinea are an exciting and creative organic frontier delivering new and exotic products from clouded mountain tops, steamy tropical gardens and the cleanest oceans in the world
THE OCEANIA BID COMMITTEE WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO WELCOME YOU TO BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA
Please contact our chair, Simone Tully for further information on our bid.