Become a member of the independent peak body which represents the interests of all certified organic operators in government forums and industry initiatives.
There are two categories of membership—Full Membership for certified organic operators and Associate Membership for others. Foundation Memberships are also available for a limited time.
The objectives of Organic Industries of Australia Ltd are to:
- facilitate an organic industry which has an authoritative voice that enhances the fortunes of all Australian certified organic operators, through advocacy, education and transparent representation
- improve the competitiveness of certified organic operators through effective advocacy to governments, with industry stakeholders, and in respect of research and development
- promote the integrity of certified organic productions systems
- promote industry development and educate producers and consumers in respect of certified organic production
- facilitate collaboration across supply chains and improve domestic and export market access for certified organic operators
- promote widespread uptake of sustainable farming systems and markets based on organic principles and imbued with a culture of innovation, of progressive improvement towards best practice, of transparent integrity, of inclusive collaboration, of holistic systems, and of true value pricing
Membership options and eligibility
Must be a current Certified Organic Operator
A supporter by way of financial assistance, provision of professional services, or other non-cash assistance to the organisation
An important part of the supply chain for making certified organic products available for sale to the consumers of those products
A nominated representative of a Research and Development Corporation
A former or aspiring Certified Organic Operator
Full voting rights
No voting rights
May not nominate a person as a director
Can be appointed as a director
Foundation memberships will only be available until 30 June 2023 for members who pay at least $250 in fees. Foundation members have the same rights and obligations as ordinary members, but are recognised on our website and may also receive other additional benefits from time to time. You don't have to be an organic operator to become a Foundation member. Foundation members are recognised for making a larger financial contribution to our organisation during our establishment period.
Full details of the eligibility, rights and obligations of members are set out in the Constitution.
For 2023-24, membership fees are as follows:
< $1m, individuals and hobby farmers
Foundation memberships are a minimum of $250. Small businesses, individuals and hobby farmers can become Foundation members, or continue to be Foundation members, by paying $250.